Health trends for 2022…
It’s no surprise that staying as healthy as possible is a top priority this year as well. Since the company’s inception more than 46 years ago, this priority has been the requirement for any Nikken product in any category, be it nutrition, magnets or PiMag®water.
What health areas could people focus on in 2022?
- According to the international health insurance company BUPA, searches for “gut health” on Google have increased by 83%, and it predicts that people will be more concerned with this topic in 2022.1 One of the Nikken organic supplements dedicated to this topic is Kenzen Lactoferrin 2.0®, which contains prebiotics and/or probiotics that promote gut health.
- Some health experts predict that people will pay more attention to their mental health in 2022. Mental health affects the functioning of the brain and is also a byproduct of our individual way of responding to stress. Relaxation strategies such as .B spending more time in the countryside or helping yourself to reduce stress will continue to play an important role in 2022. 2
- Plant-based items and meal plans have increased by 31% in 2021, and this number is expected to increase even further as more people opt for a healthier and more sustainable diet. 4
- Perennial (as opposed to annual) cereals such as kernza (a new type of wheat) will explode. That’s a good thing when it comes to fighting climate change, because perennial grain varieties develop a deeper root system than annual ones, and these deep roots help prevent soil erosion and bind harmful greenhouse gases underground so they don’t get into the atmosphere. 5
- Seaweed and seaweed are used not only in food, but in all kinds of products. The cultivation of seaweed, which is common in many crops, has been shown to extract carbon from the atmosphere. 6 Seaweed is known for its high content of minerals such as potassium, iron, calcium and magnesium and is also rich in antioxidants and vitamins. A good example of the use of algae not only as food is the improved line of TRUE elements® Marine Organic Skin Care. A variety of algae are part of these advanced care products.
- In 2022, a “new school” of vitamins and supplements will come onto the market. These so-called “intelligent” and “forward-looking” supplements are not only designed to provide sufficient nutrients, but also promote certain areas of health, from cells to the entire body. Advances range from dosage forms and options that take into account our individual genetic makeup to strategic combinations of ingredients, environmental sustainability, and more. 7 Nikken began applying this smart, forward-looking approach to the formulation of dietary supplements years ago. One example is the kenzen® BDZ® for optimal calcium absorption.
- The “green generation” of healthcare is on the rise. Green health experts link health care to an understanding of the environmental changes that affect people’s health in different parts of the world. They provide medical care and at the same time are committed to the environment. 3
Everyone knows how important clean water is for optimal health, and Nikken offers PiMag Waterfall® and PiMag® Water Bottle, which help us reduce our CARBON footprint by minimizing plastic waste. Timely replacement of filters extends the life of your Nikken PiMag® water product!
FREE filter in January*
*Get a FREE filter with the purchase of selected PiMag® water products from 5 to 31 January 2022:
PiMag Waterfall® #88460:
FREE PiMag Waterfall® replacement filter (#13845) with the purchase of a PiMag Waterfall® System (#1384)
PiMag® Water Bottle # 88461:
FREE PiMag® water bottle filter & pourer (pack of 2) (#13503) with the purchase of a PiMag® water bottle (#13501)
PiMag® MicroJet Shower #88462:
FREE PiMag® shower filter (#1342) with the purchase of a PiMag® MicroJet shower system (#1466)
*Use the special purchase code to order this offer.
Let Nikken remember to send you your replacement filter! Add your future replacement filters to a wellness subscription and as a thank you for your loyalty you save an additional 10%! Wellness subscriptions can be set up monthly or quarterly.
2022 is the year we ask ourselves how we can personally become healthier and more efficient while protecting and working with the environment. At Nikken, we are committed to using and sharing what we learn to build a larger, healthier and more environmentally conscious global wellness community!