Why barley grass?
Barley grass has a very high nutrient density. It is rich in calcium, iron, vitamin B1, vitamin C and zinc. Furthermore, barley grass helps you regulate your acid-base balance, lower cholesterol levels and positively influences your blood sugar levels.
Creamy-sweet smoothies with barley grass
is enough for 1-2 portions
- 1 apple; cut, without housing
- Almonds; ground approx. 1 tablespoon
- 1 ripe banana, peeled (in summer we also take an ice-cold and sometimes a frozen banana)
- 1 teaspoon barley grass (juice) powder
- 200-250 ml water, freshly filtered
Fill everything into a blender that has decent power and crush it until it gets creamy.
The more banana you take, the creamier your smoothie will be.
It’s a real vital bomb.
More information about barley grass can be found here.