Lactoferrin is a protein that occurs naturally in milk and also in the human body.
The name lactoferrin is sometimes misleading.
The name lactoferrin comes from milk “Lacto-” plus iron “-ferrin”.
• Lacto-ferrin occurs in many human bodily fluids and not only in milk: it is found in blood, tears, saliva; nasal cavity and other bodily fluids.
• Lactoferrin is lactose-free and in its pure form normally harmless to milk allergy sufferers.
• Lactoferrin binds and transports iron and other minerals.
• Lactoferrin helps to transport zinc and copper to where they are needed in the body.
It is an immune building block and has highly effective antimicrobial properties. Lactoferrin can kill bacteria by removing the iron. Since bacteria are essential to iron, iron impoverishment has an antibacterial effect. In this way, support can be provided to the body in order to protect itself from infections and inflammation.
KENZEN Lactoferrin 2.0® of Nikken helps to meet the iron requirements of the body:
Iron deficiency is noticeable, among other things:
- Anemia (anaemia),
- poor blood flow as well as
- numerous other physical ailments.
- Women and very active people are most often affected by iron deficiency.
However, KENZEN Lactoferrin 2.0® offers an excellent solution to this problem.
Lactoferrin is a protein. Its main biological function is to bind and transport iron.
Iron is an essential mineral that allows the body to carry oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body. Even if enough iron is supplied to the body, iron deficiency can still occur if your body cannot absorb and use this iron. You can still eat so much green leafy vegetables and lean red meat – both excellent natural sources of iron – but that doesn’t mean your body can absorb and process that iron.
Often the iron warehouses are filled and the body cannot build the bridge for recovery.
Despite dieting and “proven enough” iron in the blood, you can still feel like this:
- sloppy and tired
- Lack of concentration
- nocturnal restlessness despite fatigue
KENZEN Lactoferrin 2.0® helps overcome this dilemma by supporting the body’s natural transport system, helping your body to better utilise iron and balance iron. Studies have shown that lactoferrin, due to its natural ability to bind iron, has a positive effect on iron uptake, which in turn increases the iron content in the blood.
KENZEN Lactoferrin 2.0® is gentle to the digestive system and therefore supports the digestive tract in all its functions. Instead of inflicting elemental iron on the body – the type of iron contained in almost every commercially available supplement – which has been shown to cause inflammatory diseases of the intestines1,lactoferrin helps the body absorb the iron that is naturally fed to it without affecting the stomach. Clinical research shows that it is more bioavailable and therefore iron absorption is more efficient than with other iron sources.2
KENZEN Lactoferrin 2.0® contains 200 mg of lactoferrin per capsule. It is also lactose, gluten and GMO-free and contains four other organic ingredients with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
Organic inulin, organic rose root, organic ginger and organic turmeric
Lactoferrin 2.0™ not only helps the body with increased iron absorption, but is also gentle to the digestive system and supports the good bacteria in the digestive tract, which are crucial for overall well-being. Lactoferrin helps the body absorb what is present without straining the stomach.
1. Uchida, T. (2006) Availability of lactoferrin as a natural solubilizer of iron for food products. International Dairy Journal 16. 95-101.
2. (Rezk, Dawood, Abo-Elnasr, Halaby, & Marawan, 2015), (Rezk, Kandil, Dawood, Shaheen, & Allam, 2015), (Nappi, et al., 2009), (Paesano, et al., 2010), (Paesano, et al., 2014)